PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 03-24-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
jeffmorgen
Green Mole

Unhappy Can't even begin to install!

Well, I've installed twice so far, with no better results than the last two times. With the default installation, I couldn't even login with the username/password 'admin', so I made:

define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','0');

...and I was finally able to get into my admin/install.php

From here I'm lost. My hostname is http://www.jeffreymorgenthaler.com and I've tried every variation of it: http://jeffreymorgenthaler.com, http://jeffreymorgenthaler.com/, jeffreymorgenthaler.com, and so on. No matter what parameters I enter (different usernames, passwords, PhpDig database names, etc.), I still get the same error message:

Can't connect to database
Verify connection datas.

What am I doing wrong? I checked with my host, and PHP and MySql are definitely enabled on my site.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.
jeffmorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:07 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Look in the connect.php file and make sure that the following are set correctly. The < and > symbols should not be there when done.
PHP Code:
define('PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX','<dbprefix>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_HOST','<host>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_USER','<user>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_PASS','<pass>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_NAME','<database>'); 
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:11 AM   #3
jeffmorgen
Green Mole

Getting close?

Well, I finally installed the database from scratch via my webhost interface, and when I re-ran install.php and created the tables, they appeared! Finally!

Now, when I go to /index.php, I get the following error message:

Warning: main(config/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 3

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'config/config.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/index.php on line 3

However, when I go to /search.php, the page comes up.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:16 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

>> Warning: main(config/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 3

>> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'config/config.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/index.php on line 3

Hi. PhpDig doesn't come with config/config.php. Did you upload the files while keeping the same names and directory structure that came with PhpDig?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:19 AM   #5
jeffmorgen
Green Mole

You know, I've been moving a lot of stuff back and forth like a moron. I see what you mean about line 3. Is index.php generated by the install? I don't see it in my original .zip file, otherwise I'd just replace it.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:33 AM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. No, admin/index.php is not generated by install.php. Perhaps FTP the files again from a fresh download, keeping the same names and directory structure.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:38 AM   #7
jeffmorgen
Green Mole

Hey, it works! This is great, thank you so much! I'm not getting a lot of results when I dig... is there a search depth I should be using?
Old 03-25-2004, 01:41 AM   #8
jeffmorgen
Green Mole

Okay, I've got it working perfectly now. Thank you so much for your help... on to the next phase!!