PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 03-29-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
Kozz
Green Mole

Unhappy Re-indexing a page, "boosting" pages

I am having troubles re-indexing some pages on my site. The problem is that I made some changes to the pages, and wish them to be re-indexed so searches for particular keywords will bring these pages up. However, it is not working.

How can I completely remove a directory (let's call it domain.com/redig/) from the phpdig tables, and then re-add it, completely fresh, so ALL content is indexed new? I had added some text to "boost" a particular page in this directory so searching for a specific keyword would bring it up as the first result.

The update form has me a bit confused. The "circle with dash" is apparently the "no way" sign, the red "X" is the delete sign. I'm not sure the difference. I clicked the "X" for a particular page (trying to delete it and then force a re-index), but now I can't get it back into the DB.

If I can get some useful feedback, I think I'd like to offer to write/rewrite some of the documentation for the administrative tools.

Thanks!
Kozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
taag
Former Member

Re-indexing a section, "boosting" pages

I am having troubles re-indexing some pages on my site. The problem is that I made some changes to the pages, and wish them to be re-indexed so searches for particular keywords will bring these pages up. However, it is not working. I've tested this by putting some PHP code in the page to be indexed which writes to a file when called -- but though it claimed to re-dig the page requested, the code was never called.

How can I completely remove a directory (let's call it domain.com/redig/) from the phpdig tables, and then re-add it, completely fresh, so ALL content is indexed new? I had added some text to "boost" a particular page in this directory so searching for a specific keyword would bring it up as the first result.

The update form has me a bit confused. The "circle with dash" is apparently the "no way" sign, the red "X" is the delete sign. I'm not sure the difference. I clicked the "X" for a particular page (trying to delete it and then force a re-index), but now I can't get it back into the DB.

If I can get some useful feedback, I think I'd like to offer to write/rewrite some of the documentation for the administrative tools.

Thanks!
taag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Charter
Head Mole

> How can I completely remove a directory...

From the admin panel, choose a site and click the update button.

> ...then re-add it, completely fresh...

From the admin panel, use the text box on the main index page.

The "circle with dash" will delete the directory and exlude that directory from future index, whereas the red "X" simply deletes the directory or page.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote