PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 03-31-2004, 06:00 AM   #1
baskamer
Green Mole

old indexes

Hi, am I correct to assume that an the index of a page is not automaticly removed?

I have a situation were users can 'depublish' their own pages. these pages still show up in the search results, with the old content. When a page (which has its own url) is depublished, a visit to that page will yeild an other tekst, than the published page.

there are no other links to those pages, so the spider doesnot find those pages, and therefore the index is not updated.

i am not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior. I mean is it correct behavior not to visit pages that have previously been linked (spidered) but are 'orphant' (no links point to them).

Is this something that will be changed in a future release?

Can you please give me any insight on this?

a possible solution is to have a cron job delete all the indexed files, just before spidering. Or is this not the way to go...?
baskamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:30 AM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

This is my opinion only, but I don't think phpDig should delete everything in the index prior to update. Sometimes that's what you might want to have happen, and other times you might just want one or more indexed pages to be updated.

Again, my opinion here, but it really isn't a whole lot of bother to just manually delete the index prior to re-spidering.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote