PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 10-24-2003, 05:47 PM   #1
sid
Former Member

Angry Using PHP include in templates

I tied all the methods of using PHP in including PHP include in templates, but didn't work

Anyone know how to do it?
sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 05:47 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. In this thread, there are two methods for including PHP in the templates, along with the .htaccess method. The two methods for including PHP in the templates should work with PhpDig version 1.6.2. What happens when you try them?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:34 AM   #3
sid
Former Member

Hi,
If I try all method 1 and 2 from search_function.php and phpdig_function_form.php , what it does is: It automatically displays the include without me adding something like <phgdig:include/> in the templates and it displays the include at the top of the page automatically, but, I want it to display it below the search box... and if I add <phpdig:include/> below the search box, it won't work. As for the .htaccess, other PHP variables and stuff work but only include doesn't , it displays nothing when I add the include code... Any help would be appreciated.
sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:06 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Are you trying to do an include as in include "filename.php";? If so, perhaps try, in filename.php, assigning the content to a variable like $incl_text = "text"; or $incl_text = <<<END (on one line) text END; (on one line), include the filename.php file in function_phpdig_form.php, and then use the $incl_text variable in place of $do_php_here; in method one of this thread.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote