PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 01-13-2005, 03:30 AM   #1
msberryuk
Green Mole

Indexing stops after 2 seconds

Hi

I've set up phpdig (latest version BTW before u ask on my hosts box (red hat linux running apache) and all works well apart from one little thing

When I go to index a page I click to update/reindex - it goes to spider.php - it starts going through the pages (ie this has been index indexing that etc etc) but for some unknown reason it seems to stop downloading after roughly 2 seconds? everytime?

And by 2 seconds I am refering to the number of seconds, shown on spider.php, to have passed each time a page is processed?

Any idea where this 2 second limit might be coming from as I'm turning up a blank and my hosts aren't being totally helpful

Thankful for any help or ideas

msberryuk
msberryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:40 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Do you see the "indexing complete" message? If the answer is yes, then read section 6.2 of the documentation. If the answer is no, could it be that your host is killing the process?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:43 AM   #3
msberryuk
Green Mole

Thanks for your response charter

Whilst I don't see the "indexing complete" message I found some useful stuff in that section of documentation you highlighted that I will investigate ie firefox, mysql time out etc.

As for the host, I would say no as they indexed an entire site while investigating the problem with me.

All this would tend to suggest a local problem, and as 2 seconds doesnt appear to be a timeout variable used by phpdig I'll investigate external influences - the only one springing to mind is the mysql server

Any other vague ideas appreciated

Much obliged for your assistance

msberryuk
msberryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:28 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Does the browser window stop loading information, or is it that there is just a pause between the listing of links? If it is the former, maybe your browser is timing out. If it is the latter, maybe you just need to wait until the index is complete.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote