PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 02-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #1
new2dev
Green Mole

Smile Brand New, Box Still Wrapped - Local Search Engine?

Hi there.

I've been on the site for approximately 2 hours. This script looks very addictive, I must say!

I have a quick question, and was going to post it in a thread and it suggested I might start a new one, so .. sorry if I'm repeating a common
question but...

I'm wondering if this script would be suitable for my site, which is a real estate website, based around a community of 150,000 - 300,000 people.
I think it would be really cool if I could train Dig to spyder a bunch (100-150 max) local websites (Realtors only) and just produce results from their real estate listings pages. Some may be summaries written in HTML, and other allowed pages would be PHP constructed (browse listings pages).

It'd be great if I could just limit Dig to just index pages that were a summary of all the listings a realtor had. Somehow not let it crawl into sub pages that would contain pic pages, additional info pages etc. Maybe it's just a crazy idea

Would the best way to be constrict its choices to crawl, by a pre-made
index?

At this point I don't need totally specific answers here, I haven't even installed the script. I do however have OR www.open-realty.org running and i might even combine the two script results

Thanks for any input!
new2dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Wow, two hours. You could have a list of the various real estate listings pages you'd like to index, and then crawl using search depth and links per both set to zero to just index each of the listings pages.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote