PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 02-22-2005, 05:13 AM   #1
kaffeebronko
Green Mole

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace] ...

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/lightpower.de/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 174

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/lightpower.de/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 175

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/lightpower.de/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 176

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/lightpower.de/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 177

kaffeebronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:15 AM   #2
kaffeebronko
Green Mole

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace] ...

Hi!
I'm trying to get phpdig running... I got all the pages indexed correctly but when I try to search this comes out:
(can anybody help me please? -> thx!)

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/xxx/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 174

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/xxx/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 175

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/xxx/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 176

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/xxx/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 177

Last edited by kaffeebronko; 02-22-2005 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
Charter
Head Mole

What versions: PHP, MySQL, PhpDig?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:50 PM   #4
kaffeebronko
Green Mole

Sorry...

PHP 5.0.3
MySQL 4.1.10
PhpDig 1.8.8-rc1
Old 02-22-2005, 11:55 PM   #5
Charter
Head Mole

Do you have the .htaccess file that came with PhpDig 1.8.8 RC1 in your PhpDig directory?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:59 AM   #6
kaffeebronko
Green Mole

Yes, this is the content at the moment ( I didn't change anything...)

# start htaccess file
PHP_VALUE default_charset UTF-8
PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 0
PHP_VALUE mbstring.encoding_translation On
# end htaccess file
Old 02-23-2005, 01:01 AM   #7
Charter
Head Mole

Try changing PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 0 to PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 7
Old 02-23-2005, 01:27 AM   #8
kaffeebronko
Green Mole

I tried that in the php.ini yesterday. But anyway I tried it in the .htaccess - file after your posting, but it didn't seem work. Do you know any other hint? Would be cool... thanks.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:37 AM   #9
Charter
Head Mole

You can set PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 7 back to PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 0 in the .htaccess file, as zero is what I considered when I made the code.

The thing is that the robot_functions.php file has similar statements, so it's weird that you didn't see errors like this when indexing, or did you?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:47 AM   #10
kaffeebronko
Green Mole

While Indexing the sites the program works very well... all things are ok... I proved it in the database. Only if I to search with the search.php script then I see this Warnings...
Old 02-23-2005, 02:19 AM   #11
Charter
Head Mole

Did you change any of the code? Again weird, because robot_functions.php contains similar statements, oh and so does phpdig_functions.php.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:42 AM   #12
kaffeebronko
Green Mole

No I didn't change any of the code... I did a fresh install 3 times. The last time I just edited the /includes/config.php and the /includes/connect.php..

connect.php:

define('PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX','');
define('PHPDIG_DB_HOST','localhost');
define('PHPDIG_DB_USER','xxx');
define('PHPDIG_DB_PASS','xxx');
define('PHPDIG_DB_NAME','phpdig');

and in the config.php I changed:

define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','1'); // activates/deactivates login
define('PHPDIG_ADM_USER','xxx'); // login username
define('PHPDIG_ADM_PASS','xxx'); // login password

That's the only things I changed in my last install...
Old 02-23-2005, 02:46 AM   #13
Charter
Head Mole

Are you able to try PhpDig 1.8.8 RC1 on PHP 4.3.10?
Old 02-23-2005, 03:13 AM   #14
kaffeebronko
Green Mole

yes... will take a moment... I'll try to downgrade the testserver...
Old 02-23-2005, 04:02 AM   #15
Charter
Head Mole

Okay, cool. I don't yet see why robot_functions.php and phpdig_functions.php work okay but search_functions.php barfs.