PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 02-07-2005, 07:01 AM   #1
WebSpider
Green Mole

Spider indexes cgi pages but not its links!?

Hi!

When I run the spider on a site www.domain.com that hosts several pages in the form of www.domain.com/cgi-bin/whatever... or cgi-bin.domain.com/whatever.... I can't find those links on the database nor the search results, but checking the most common keywords gives me as 1st place the cgi-bin.domain.com keyword.

What's the deal?

How do i make it to add the cgi-*.* links to the database for that particular domain?

Also, is there any difference between indexing http://www.domain.com and http://domain.com? Will I get duplicate pages onto the db?

Thanks!
WebSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

The links domain.com, www.domain.com, and sub.domain.com are considered different. Try setting PHPDIG_IN_DOMAIN to true in the config file.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #3
WebSpider
Green Mole

But then, why search results do not provide any cgi.domain.com result BUT will index it as keywords? how do i remove those false keywords and rerun the spider so it will pick cgi. as a url and not as a keyword?
WebSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Stored keywords and indexed links are two different things. If the text cgi.domain.com appears in a page, it is stored as a keyword, regardless of whether the link cgi.domain.com is actually indexed. If you are using PhpDig v.1.8.7, and don't want the text cgi.domain.com stored as a keyword, then edit BANNED in the config file.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote