PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 09-21-2004, 07:42 AM   #1
gcrachel
Green Mole

Unhappy Can only index files in a single directory

Hello,

When indexing my site, phpdig will only scan files within the parent directory, even though there are direct links to files in the child directories. If I specify phpdig index these files in the lower directory it will do so, but then it considers these files within a separate site, and on the search page I have to select the specific directory from the " Select a site to search:" drop down menu to recieve any results from these files. I want all pages to be searchable without the use having to know which directory to look in. Is there a way to make this work?

Thank you.
gcrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
gcrachel
Green Mole

ok, so now I can get it to index files in other directories (although I don't really know why). But now it will only index a fraction of the links then quits in the middle of indexing, like the timeout problem explained else where in these forums, but it does this only after about 15-20 links. Can anyone give me al least a direction to look in to try and get this to work?

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:38 AM   #3
gcrachel
Green Mole

ok, so I figured it out. It was timing out. Unfortunately, I can't get shell access to my account so I tried to index the site from home by installing phpdig on my machine using my local mysql installation. I then did a mysqldump of all the tables and populated the database on the remote server using these dump files. The searching on the remote machine now works well, but the context report showing the sentences the search word was used in always is blank, but on my local machine, using my local database, the context is correct. I've looked through the tables on the remote server and on my own mysql installation and they are exactly the same. What could be causing this?
Old 09-27-2004, 05:57 AM   #4
gcrachel
Green Mole

um.....hello.....does my question make no sense?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:34 AM   #5
Charter
Head Mole

>> I've looked through the tables on the remote server and on my own mysql installation and they are exactly the same.

Are they for localhost rather than for domain.tld?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:23 AM   #6
gcrachel
Green Mole

I indexed the files on the domain web server, and just used my local MySQL installation to store the results. Then I copied all the tables to the domain servers database.