PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 11-25-2004, 06:47 AM   #16
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

You'll need to check with your web host. That problem isn't something we can help you with here in the forums. Sorry.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:17 AM   #17
badger
Green Mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyl-junkie
You'll need to check with your web host. That problem isn't something we can help you with here in the forums. Sorry.
I think you missed my point, with all respect, I know you cant turn off or on my safe mode :-) my problem is with the setup ! It will not work. What am I doing wrong? Anyone?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:27 AM   #18
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

I wasn't talking about safe mode when I said check with your web host. You said that you were getting a "can't connect" error, yet you swear that the connect.php parameters are correct. That's what you need to check with your web host about - to see if you have the database prefix, username, password and host name correct. We can't help you with that part.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:40 AM   #19
Charter
Head Mole

Yep, V-J is correct. Your connect.php configuration is not matching your database information. Read this thread and see if you did the same thing, or do as V-J suggests.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:56 AM   #20
badger
Green Mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter
Yep, V-J is correct. Your connect.php configuration is not matching your database information. Read this thread and see if you did the same thing, or do as V-J suggests.
Took out the < and the > now this comes up,

Table engine missing. Table excludes missing. Table keywords missing. Table sites missing. Table spider missing. Table tempspider missing. Table logs missing. Table clicks missing. Table site_page missing. Table sites_days_upd missing. Table includes missing.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:02 PM   #21
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

See Post #2 in this thread regarding manual installation of the phpdig tables.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:08 PM   #22
badger
Green Mole

Quote:
See Post #2 in this thread regarding manual installation of the phpdig tables.
I did run the sql querry at the beginning of my help session with you, and it took like gangbusters, made all the tables, then I tried to login, then got the connection error, then took out the < and the >, now get the above messages. The sql setup was great just uploading the script from my directory. Is there a way to check if my database is functioning correctly, because now we lost the installer by doing it manually, any checks I can run.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:28 PM   #23
badger
Green Mole

Took out the database prefix to see what happens, because I have my own server, and this now shows up. Does this help you to find a solution to my newbie-ness :-)

Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXengine missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXexcludes missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXkeywords missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXsites missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXspider missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXtempspider missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXlogs missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXclicks missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXsite_page missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXsites_days_upd missing. Table PHPDIG_DB_PREFIXincludes missing.

Note the relation change from up above, me thinks this is now the prefix issue, what would be the prefix if I have my own server?
Old 11-25-2004, 12:42 PM   #24
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

(1) Go back and read Post #10 in this thread. Then go into phpMyAdmin and see what your phpdig database name is. If your database name looks something like this:

Code:
username_dbname
your database name has a prefix. That prefix is whatever precedes the underscore. The database name is what follows the underscore. So what database name do you see?

(2) Are there any table definitions associated with that database? If not, run init_db.sql again, just like I told you previously.

If you still have problems, post back with answers to the above questions, and we'll go from there.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:47 PM   #25
badger
Green Mole

Quote:
If you still have problems, post back with answers to the above questions, and we'll go from there.
Thanks for helping, I know your not a dedicated help service, and appreciate what you do on this board as well. Maybe when this gets setup, I never quit
we can talk about something that makes for better conversation. Will get back to you all. Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:07 PM   #26
badger
Green Mole

Arrow Houston, we have lift off ;-)

Houston, we have lift off Thanks for everything V::J
Old 11-30-2004, 06:13 PM   #27
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Congratulations on getting phpdig up and running! I knew you could do it.