PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > External Binaries

Old 03-08-2004, 12:16 PM   #1
motopsycho
Green Mole

PDFs in directory listed as one long entry

My problem is this

I created an index.php file that dynamically lists the contents the pdfs in the directory as links.

I tell phpdig to spider the directory.

When I do a search it finds the keyword but the result is the file name concatonated to all the other links(filenames) in the directory.

How can I dig my pdf files so that when using a keyword search each filename is returned separately?
motopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:37 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi motopsycho, and welcome to PhpDig.net!

It sounds like just the page with the links is getting indexed but not the PDF files. First make sure that the config file is set to index PDFs. Next, if you have access to shell, see if you can call the binary on a PDF. Also make sure that the directories to the binary and the binary itself are set to 755 permissions. Last, if you are using PHP 4.2.2/3, either upgrade or try the mod in this thread. Once the PDFs get indexed, you can delete the page with links from the admin panel so that it doesn't appear in the search results.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #3
motopsycho
Green Mole

removing file with links

How exactly do I remove the file containing the links?
Old 03-09-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. From the admin panel, click the site, click the update button, click through the blue arrows on the left hand side of the screen until you see the file to delete on the right hand side of the screen, and once you see the file, click the red X on the right hand side of the screen next to the file.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:07 PM   #5
motopsycho
Green Mole

Hello.

Thanks so much for your help.

That fixed it.