PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 01-16-2004, 03:01 PM   #1
paullind
Orange Mole

Installation Problem - password login, install.php

hi

I just installed all the scripts inside the folder 'phpdig' in the root of my win2000 IIS server, inetpub/wwwroot/phpdig

I configured config.php with a new username and password. ie username AAAA password BBBB

Initially wasn't able to login and run install.php so I went to phpmyadmin utility to create the database and tables, that workered fine.

Still trying to login into 'install.php', unable to so far.

When I run IE on my server and go to the insall.php script I am prompted for 3 things 1] username 2] password 3] domain

I have been using the username and passord entered in the config.php (AAAA/BBBB) file which is the same for phpmyadmin utility.

Is this the correct username and password to use ?

What is an appropriate looking domain entry when done on 'localhost'. I entered localhost but that didn't seem to work either.

If I browse to the domain and page through the internet with another computer the www.xxxx.com/username under the username field and asks for password. What would be appropriate looking entry here.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Paul L
paullind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:33 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. The username/password entered in the config file are the ones to use. Are you running PHP in CGI mode? Can you access the admin panel if you change define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','1'); to define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','0');
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 01:34 PM   #3
paullind
Orange Mole

CGI Mode

Hi Charter

I run the scripts outside of any cgi-bin. I'm assuming that would be 'non CGI mode' for a windows2000 iis server ?

I set the variable phpdig_adm_auth to 0 and can access the files now, no prompt for username password host.

If I can find a way to enable the authentication function and login successully , i'll post the answer here, seeing as spidering and searching is working for me now I may not get to it, lower priority just now.

I'll post all my steps for the windows 2000 install in the near future, it wasn't pretty, but things are essentially up and running now.

Thanks for your reply, phpdig and your forum support is awesome !

Paul L
paullind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 07:14 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. With PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH set to zero, of course, think about protecting with .htaccess so someone doesn't get in the admin panel and delete things.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:51 AM   #5
Damas
Green Mole

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. Set on "0" I can access the admin panel but not when it is set on "1"
The problem is that I am a complete beginner, I hardly succeeded in the installation, and indexed my website (phpdig is GREAT).
I know nothing about .htaccess and woul really like a step by step to make that work for me.
Thank you very much
Damas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:54 PM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. PHP should be configured in Apache mode for the authentication. If your OS/setup supports htaccess, there is a tutorial here.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:44 PM   #7
Damas
Green Mole

OK, it worked just great ! In fact when you have the good information, everything is more easy ! Thank's a lot !
Now, just another question and I am done with that : I kept the original directories from PhpDig, so which are the directories I should protect with a .htaccess file ? I did it for the "admin" directory of course, but it is hard for me to determine what else I should protect ?
Old 04-20-2004, 05:36 PM   #8
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. As for PhpDig, the admin directory is the one to protect. You can also delete the install.php file and delete the sql directory once you are up and running.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:56 PM   #9
Damas
Green Mole

Thank you so much Charter ! No everything is perfect I guess. PhpDig is really a perfect solution.
Here is the URL of the website where I installed the search engine (it's in french): http://www.abyssin-somali.com/[PHPDIG_DIR]/search.php (Le site de l'aacas)
Old 04-20-2004, 09:58 PM   #10
Damas
Green Mole

Oops, sorry (could'nt edit my post). http://www.abyssin-somali.com/[PHPDIG_DIR]/search.php
Old 04-20-2004, 09:59 PM   #11
Damas
Green Mole

Ouh... something is going wrong maybe
Old 04-20-2004, 11:10 PM   #12
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. The [ and ] symbols seem to mess with vBs ability to parse URLs automatically.

The site looks good. Congrats on getting it all set.

One note: You can change the [PHPDIG_DIR] directory name to whatever name you want, say for example 'search' directory, without the quotes.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 AM   #13
Damas
Green Mole

Done ! Renamed it in "search" as you suggested it. Thank you for your precious help Charter !