PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 01-26-2005, 10:12 PM   #1
Aram
Green Mole

Problem with Armenian language(armscii-8)

Hello friends, Who can help me with problem connected to Armenian language.
How we using Armenian language. Up to appeare the Acrmscii-8, all user(designer) used brouser's user-defined encoding to show our language, or unicode, but at the designing(coding) the Web site with unicod system in the WIN system, we have a some problem, because, notepad, and other editors during the work with unicode add in the start of page some simbole(~^= like this).

NOW our site was developed on the armscii-8 system(ASCII), but I can't adjust PHPDIG, because: whene I do indexing with the encoding armscii-8, or x-user-defined( define('PHPDIG_ENCODING','armscii-8') ), PHPDIG dosent indexing site normal,
BUT then I define define('PHPDIG_ENCODING','iso-8859-1'), indexing dose GOOD, but
when I TRy to search something the resoult didn't apeare(may be all Armenian Letters, that I defined in the
$phpdig_string_subst['armscii-8'] AND $phpdig_words_chars['armscii-8'] ), separeted.

BUT WHEN I find some english word, all Armenian word appear normal, so mysql dosent heve any problem with Armenian and store/output ASCII Armenian,

AND ITS MAIN THING, When i copy some armenian words(what had been outputed whene i search some english words), and past in the input box for new search, IT'S WORK.
I'm in the emberres setuation, because WHY.
I think, problem in the Following,
that I enter some word(ASCII) in the input box for search, PHPDIG changed this words encoding(may be to Unicode), and cant find out, because in the MySQL stored ASCII. .

PLEASE HELP ME. may be you now where in the code I can change this reencoding part, or may be you have some other suggestions.
Aram is offline   Reply With Quote