PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 08-25-2004, 04:33 PM   #1
arakune
Green Mole

Indexing finds all pages, but doesn't index all keywords

I've come across similar questions throughout the forums, but wasn't able to find a solution. If I'm just blind, and there is one in a different thread, I'm very sorry. A direct link to the thread in question will send me on my way!

I have just installed phpdig-1.8.3, for a client, in a hosted environment (RedHat 7, Apache 1.3.x, MySQL 3.23.36).

PhpDig was installed local to the site its intended to index. I have a robots.txt file in place, which is successfully keeping the crawler out of a couple of directories which I don't want indexed. Its all good there.

I added the host, and performed the initial index on it, which seemed to be successful. I can verify that it found all of the pages it was supposed to. What's weird, however, is that not all keywords are being indexed as I expect them to be.

The site is here: http://www.yapi.org (there is a search box on the main page).

As an example, if you search for the keyword "NYAP", you will receive zero hits. The word "NYAP", however, appears on a number of pages (which I've confirmed are indexed). Likewise "UNICEF". "YAP", on the other hand, returns only 6 hits, which is odd because that particular string appears on almost every page.

My HTTP Depth for the site is set to 5, while the Shell Depth is unlimited (0). phpdigInclude/phpdigExclude tags are used, but to my eye they aren't blocking any of the actual content .

I'm stumped. If there's any other information which would be useful, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed, advice you can offer! It may well be a really stupid error on my part that I'm just not seeing (in fact, I hope it is! Those are always to easiest to fix

Steph
arakune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:44 PM   #2
arakune
Green Mole

Addendum:

I just checked my keywords table, and the keywords in question *are* added to the table. There is no related entry (for the key_id) in the engine table, however. (Looking through the db schema, I presume that's where it would be?
Old 08-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #3
arakune
Green Mole

Aha!

The problem is I was an idiot. I had thought the client was using the same HTML template throughout the entire site, but it turns out not after all. On some of the pages, the phpdigInclude tag is on a line of its own, and in other's its embedded in a longer line.

Sorry for all the fuss, folks!