PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 11-23-2004, 09:25 AM   #1
allergie
Green Mole

It doesn't work for me too for some website

It was fine with 1.6.2. I made a clean install with 1.8.3 this morning in another database with another user and another domain name and I tried to index the same website the 1.6 had.

Some works, not so fine than the 1.6, but works (some links where not followed and I reinsert them to the spider) but most of them stopped with the famous "no link" when the 1.6 founded the hundreds links of the plan page

So what? Does anybody know If I'd better downgrade to the 1.6. this summer I Tried the 1.8 and it was the same. I waited til now and well...may be I should wait again but it seems to works fine somewhere no?

So please. if you have a suggestion (I don't understand why the permissions should be on 755 because a spider would only READ, no? )
allergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 05:36 PM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Did you read and follow all the directions in the documentation? If so, you shouldn't have any problems if all you've done is upgrade to the latest version of phpdig.

Are you getting some sort of error, or is it just not following links that you think it should? Perhaps if you posted one of those links, someone might be able to help you.

As to the write permissions you asked about on the designated folders, phpdig won't work without that being properly set.

Tell us what you've done so far, and we'll go from there.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote