PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 02-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
dhall5
Green Mole

Updating the index (or lack thereof)

Hi All,

I've successfully installed the latest and greatest PHP Dig. Initial spidering went well and I saw no trouble.

Now, I've added a new section of my site, it is actually a sub-section of an existing section. When I go into the Update form, and click the green check mark to respider the parent section, it only comes back with "duplicate document" for the pages, and isn't finding the new section to spider and index.

Am I doing somethign wrong?

Thanks
dhall5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

The update only updates what's already there. This is different behavior than in previous releases. Maybe I should change it back to the way it was in a new release, I don't know. Anyway, to index the new section, just use the textbox. Note to a) set different values in the update sites table and choose yes or b) use the search depth and links per dropdowns and choose no. Otherwise, when you index/update, any values present in the update sites table will be used by default. You might also want to set LIMIT_TO_DIRECTORY to true in the config file to keep PhpDig within a directory, and there is this thread that may be of interest too.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #3
bloodjelly
Purple Mole

If I can throw my 2 cents in - I think the old way of update spidering (following new links and adding them and their subdirectories to the database) is a more intuitive and desirable function. Maybe there could be an option one way or the other?
bloodjelly is offline   Reply With Quote