PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 01-13-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
attriel
Green Mole

multihomed phpdig

So, I'm setting up a clustered server.

Short Version:

Load Balancing front end, I figure I can run the phpdig on the inner servers.

Question:
Do I want to make independent databases for each inner, or can it live with one database and multiple sets of contextual files (one on each server it lives on)?

I figure I want to run dig on each inner, so that the contextuals get updated properly, but I'm not sure about the database lining up properly at that point.

I guess my first question is, assuming I put the site name as a /etc/hosts alias on each server to point to itself, will that allow phpdig to harvest from that machine?

And past that, is there a potential overlap/mismatch issue with the database & context files across different runs/servers and/or with running prunings ...

Am I making any sense?
attriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Some of the PhpDig tables have auto increment fields and the text filenames correspond with some of the fields in the tables, so whatever you do, you'll need to take that into account.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote