PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 04-12-2004, 01:57 AM   #1
steve45king
Green Mole

Unhappy the install and the "No link in temporary table" problem

Hi there!

I've just downloaded phpdig-1.8.0 and experienced massive problems installing it on my server. I was not able to install it via the admin.php interface, the error messages were something like "verify user rights" and so on...
the workaround was to create the database and the tables manually, as well as the config file.

So far, not so good.

Heading to admin/index.php resulted in the famous "No link in temporary table" problem. (is there a now a solution?)

As I'm very new to PHP and mySQL, I my thought was that I'm not experienced enough to install phpdig, despite the fact, many(?) other users in the forum experience the same problems.

Anyway... I moved to isearch, and the installation was a simple click-by-click thing... and, the crawling was functional too.

May I wait for the next release of phpdig!? ;-)

I think phpdig is really powerful, but the installation requires an professional PHP-guru.. :-)
steve45king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:37 AM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Welcome to the forum, steve45king. We're glad to have you here.

You raise some interesting points in your post. Permit me to comment on just a few of them:
Quote:
the workaround was to create the database and the tables manually, as well as the config file.
I can't speak for everyone here, but I ended up having to create the database and tables manually myself. Whether you can do that through a script has more to do with the setup for you web host than phpDig, in my opinion.
Quote:
Heading to admin/index.php resulted in the famous "No link in temporary table" problem. (is there a now a solution?)
That seems to come up quite often around here. However, there is no single answer for that one. The best anyone can do is read through the various threads where that problem is discussed and try to figure out which problem(s) apply to your situation.
Quote:
I think phpdig is really powerful, but the installation requires an professional PHP-guru.. :-)
I think knowledge of PHP is probably helpful, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. I know PHP now, but before I learned it I was able to implement a PHP script so that people could contact me through my website. Not even close to being the same thing as phpDig, I'll grant you, but I'm just saying it's possible to use a script like this without knowing PHP.

If someone doesn't know PHP, I don't personally think that will stop them from successfully implementing phpDig. There's plenty of help to be had here in the forum to solve just about any kind of problem you might encounter.

Just my opinion, for whatever that's worth.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote