PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > General Forums > The Mole Hole

Old 08-02-2003, 08:46 PM   #1
Charter
Head Mole

Is this fair?

As a 17 year old, this guy murdered three people. After serving his jail time, he earned three graduate degrees and became gainfully employed. The guy is now 55 years old and just recently his past was discovered, causing him to leave one teaching position and lose a job offer for another faculty position. Read about it here and here. Do you think this is fair?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #2
Intrelix
Green Mole

Well like they say a criminal record ruins your life. However i really think things done as a minor should not interfere with your adult life. Lets face as kids we all do dumb stuff i think the regret when you realize how stupid you was should be enough.

I dont think its fair
www.intrelix.net
Intrelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:45 AM   #3
PCplayground
Green Mole

Life isn't fair.

In a way you have to give the guy some respect for going to get his education after that.

However if you had the choice of hiring someone with the same education but didnt commit a criminal offense, who would you hire?

Murdering three people is quite a crime. Who is to say he wont do anything similar again? This person probably has some mental problems.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:57 AM   #4
Crazy Tech
Green Mole

At 17 he murders 3 people...what is to stop him from doing this again at some point or another?

Personally, I would not have wanted to know that one of my teachers killed 3 people yet he is standing up at the front of the room. He's just too dangerous and he murdered 3 others. These people no longer have a life, they are dead...gone. While he gets to have a simple life making money and doing whatever he wants. He simply doesn't have a right to do this at all and even if you do not share my opinion, you will agree having an ex-muderer at your workplace is not a very comfortable feeling, and a liability for any company.
Crazy Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:10 AM   #5
Exon
Green Mole

It might not be fair, but if the employer states that they do not hire excons then it is their right to terminate him.

Yes, we might all do stupid stuff when we're pre-adults, however killing is serious.
Exon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:32 AM   #6
Crazy Tech
Green Mole

Killing is serious and something that cannot and should not be overlooked.
Crazy Tech is offline   Reply With Quote