PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Mod Requests

Old 06-07-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
mikeduff
Green Mole

admin options

Hello,

I have been using phpdig for a few weeks, mainly just indexing/template making for a site I am about to create, but there are some "annoying" things that bug me about the admin section.

1) you cant exclude paths until there indexed, which sucks becouse I always get sucked into forums, which can have thousands of pages.

2) you cant exclude certian subdomains, agian with the forums, now ever time I reindex this one site, i am going to have to reindex the forum(which i delete because i dont want to hold all that bs)

those are my 2 main technical problems, the rest are graphical, which I believe I am going to do and just create a mod for it.

I also read a few post about turning phpdig into classes, I might look into that, along with revamping the templating system. but thats alot of stuff, so I am going to take one at a time, if anyone would be interested to work on this, i can set up a CVS on one of my servers and we can see what we can come up with, (charter your help on this would be lovely)

mike
mikeduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 03:28 PM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Re: admin options

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeduff
1) you cant exclude paths until there indexed, which sucks becouse I always get sucked into forums, which can have thousands of pages.
Huh? Sure you can, with your robots exclusion, provided you have the part that you want excluded in its own folder.
Quote:
2) you cant exclude certain subdomains
Um, you should be able to exclude subdomains in the same way that you exclude certain folders. I've never tried excluding a subdomain, but a subdomain is really just another subfolder on the server, so I think it would work just like the robots exclusion of any other folder. I could be wrong though.
Quote:
I also read a few post about turning phpdig into classes, I might look into that, along with revamping the templating system. but thats alot of stuff, so I am going to take one at a time, if anyone would be interested to work on this, i can set up a CVS on one of my servers and we can see what we can come up with, (charter your help on this would be lovely)

mike
I'd be interested in helping with this. Once I learned how to write object oriented PHP, I rewrote an application on my site. Not only is it better code, it's much easier to isolate and fix bugs.

If you'd like some help planning this out, let me know.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
synnalagma
Green Mole

Hi,

I have done some work since I needed a search engine without allow_url_fopen and exec functions. It's very different and not compatible with PHPDig actually (because I don't index this char : .+#@...). But it's heavily based on PHPDig so it must be possible. I can give a try to make it compatible.

There's no twoletter on th db too (I never understood why there were this twoletter thing).

But I think that charter must be agree before starting setting up a CVS, otherwise this will be like a new project...
synnalagma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:39 PM   #4
mikeduff
Green Mole

With the exclusion thing, I am indexing OTHER peoples sites, and I cant write there robot.txt, unless i am not understanding your replay, mike
mikeduff is offline   Reply With Quote