View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
cbj4074
Green Mole

Vinyl-Junkie, you've done a lot of research here and contributed quite a bit to the community! For that I am in your debt, but I figured it may be worth mentioning that you are incorrect in this post.

You experienced problems on Windows because your ISP or Web-host uses IIS, and/or permissions specific to your account were not configured to support certain features of PHP or directory access that are required by PHP Dig. Your problems were not a result of a Windows (or 32-bit OS). It is possible that they were a result of IIS, but I can't say for sure (I've never tried IIS).

I am running Apache 2.0.48 on Windows XP Pro and had no problems using the authentication feature that is built into PHP Dig. I also had no problems spidering a URI after disabling the inclusion of binary, executable files.

So, ultimately, Jay, your authentication script has not failed simply because you may (or may not) be running your (or your ISP's) Web server on the Windows platform. If you're on IIS, then that may suggest that the problem is specific to IIS, but not to Windows.
cbj4074 is offline   Reply With Quote