View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #1
Maarten Wijnen
Green Mole

Question spider ignores links

Hi,

I'm new to phpdig. The installation was quite easy, though it was not quite clear to me that cookies have to be enabled for administration. It was fairly easy to create a nice template, but at this point I'm stuck, so I come for help.

When I tried to really index my site, the spider silently ignored a lot of pages. The description of 1.8.8-rc1 states that the spider does not index directory listings and database content. And by looking at some php code I found out that it does some extensive checking on other things as well. I did some debugging and found out that indeed the spider doesn't like most of my urls, even though I have added a space, both parenthes and other characters to the $allowed_link_chars.

But in my case, I really need to index all content. Without that ability phpdig would be of no use. Is there a setting that I can use, or some code I can add or comment out in order to make the spider more greedy? I've had a look at the code of the spider but it's complex with many nested statements, so I'm reluctant to change it. I figured some of you could perhaps answer my question from the top of their heads.

Maarten Wijnen
Maarten Wijnen is offline   Reply With Quote