View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 12:56 AM   #3
Xavi
Green Mole

Unhappy Very similar but a little difference on exclusion list

I'm having nearly the same trouble as Kevinz. I was also running phpdig1.6.2 before. I tried an update (new files onto old ones, update templates, connect,php, etc.) in my localhost (wampp win2k pro, apache 1.3.26, php 4.3.1, mysql 3.23 I think....) before uploading it to the right place in the server for production, to spider my website on a linux server, as always was with phpdig 1.6.2, ... but it didn't work. It finds only one link, and I tried many combinations of depth X * Y links per page (0, 0; 3m 3; 10, 10; 0,10; 10, 0)... but no way.

Btw, It says something about excluding .*.php and *.php3. All my site is created through php3 files, but so it was before with phpdig 1.6.2...
I couldn't find where to set up the exclusion list (and delete just in case .*.php and .*.php3). I saw a table in the ddbb, but it was empty ... (???)

Just in case, I also tried a blank new installation (with new database installation, just in case there was some trouble with update process on files opr ddbb), but results where the same.

So far, I've requested the sysadmin to completely delete our phpdig 1.6.2, but I'd like to able to include a new search engine there.... And I like phpdig a lot....

The URL of my site:

http://estel.bib.ub.es/ecolo/

(search disabled :-( until I see phpdig 1.8.5 or higher to work fine again as always with this site I administer)

Hints welcome (I'm not computer scientist)

And thanks for all your hard and nice work with phpdig! ;-)

Last edited by Xavi; 12-14-2004 at 01:06 AM. Reason: completing information (2)
Xavi is offline   Reply With Quote