Thread: Links found: 1
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 07:29 PM   #6
CafeenMan
Green Mole

By the way, I really do not like PHP and every time I have to use it for anything I get really frustrated and aggravated. Even more so when I spend two hours debugging one line of code.

I'm sure phpdig is a good piece of software, but from what I've seen on this forum, it looks like a lot of people have problems getting it working. Then the light bulb comes on and they like it.

Usually that "light bulb" is somebody spoon feeding them an answer.

As a programmer, I know how we like to show everyone the cool features of our software, but as a user, I couldn't care less about the details. The coolest feature of any software is that it works and it's simple to use.

My point to all of that is I would like to suggest that you come up with a simple documentation so that users can get the software up and running without wading through all the details. There is just too much information in the documentation as it is and it's confusing.

I suggest a "quick start" guide that has just the facts and nothing extra. Once the software is working, then those who want to go back and tweak it can read the more detailed documentation.

Just my two cents.
CafeenMan is offline   Reply With Quote