View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 12:41 AM   #2
alivin70
Orange Mole

Re: New Features Inquiry

Quote:
Originally posted by Charter
Hi. Besides the information posted on these forums, I've been thinking about perhaps integrating my commercial search script, or rather parts of it, into PhpDig. You can demo the commercial search script here. It has boolean and phrase searching capabilities, but it is not GPL and it does not index. If I do integrate it into PhpDig, then the integrated parts would then become GPL. Anyway, what I am wondering is if there is anything in particular from the commercial search script that you'd like to see in PhpDig. If nothing, then I'll forget this idea, but if there is something, it'd be good to know in case I decide to undertake the task.
There are some very interesting features in yuor search engine.
I have a list of new fatures we are working on.
For example "Ad links".
My idea is to integrate Phpdig with a text banner server. We just need to create an "hook" between words searched by user and keyword of the banners.

To allow an easy integration with many ad servers I propose theese steps:
1) Allocation of the space on the right side of the results page phpdig. This column should collapse (or be absent) if the are no "sponsored links" or the feature is disabled.
2) Creation of an "hook function" inside Phpdig written for a specific AdServer. This function takes the Ads from the AdServer and shows them.
Then everything about ads is made by the AdServer: counts, statistics on clicks and so on

In this way it's easy to integrate phpdig with any AdServer. I have my own one, but is possible to do it with PhpAdsNew or others.

alivin70 is offline   Reply With Quote