View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 01:04 AM   #3
renehaentjens
Orange Mole

Thanks, Charter. Indeed GNU/GPL has this "extralegal benefit" but you have to know what you're doing or get a little help from someone who does!

The piece of code from robot_functions seems to say: insert in database if the word is not too small or too large, if it is not a stop word, and if it starts with a "words_char" or a "#" or a "$". Wouldn't it be easier to simply add "#" and "$" to the default lists of $phpdig_words_chars in config.php?

For the rest of the special characters that are allowed in words (but not at the beginning) may I suggest an additional config parameter?

There is a little inconsistency with the backslash as could be expected from the fact that the two regexps (in search_function and in phpdig_functions) are not identical.

I haven't completely figured out why, but if a page contains "word1\word2", the separate words are indexed, but there is no way to find the page back by an exact match like for "word1\word2" or "word1 word2" or similar. Unless with CONTENT_TEXT = 0 in which case you can find it with exact match "word1 word2" (one day I'll have to understand what CONTENT_TEXT means...)

Last edited by renehaentjens; 02-09-2004 at 01:14 AM.
renehaentjens is offline   Reply With Quote