View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
innerfire
Green Mole

That almost worked. Now when I search from either
es.symptoms101.com or www.symptoms101.com the results are only being shown from www.symptoms101.com (english). Eventually this site will have Spanish, German, Italian, French, and maybe portuguese, so begin able to keep the sub domain results separate would be great when searching from the sub domain itself. So, the results of the above change are that all results are being shown in english, sourcing from www.symptoms101.com (which is where the search program is located).

A more confusing twist, and I don't understand the technicality of it, may be that the system is creating subdomains by making folders within www.symptoms101.com for example, es.symptoms101.com is located on the server at www.symptoms101.com/es/. That is why I was asking about specifying the "sub domain" via the form. Any ideas on how to make it work? The site is set up now with the two subdomains and the search is coded with your suggested changes (99.9% of my traffic is english speaking until the rest of the site gets spidered, probably in a week or so).

P.S. Love the smileys on this forum!
innerfire is offline   Reply With Quote