View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 01:59 AM   #3
cybercox
Green Mole

Well charter!
I totally agree with you. Perhaps you might share it with the ones who are really interested in forking and in developing this technology...
i'm running it and it is very dangerous...
downloads everything and uses the bandwidth not in a "clever" manner.

>USE IT WITH CARE!!! IT LOOPS......

Could be a problem for end users who don't really know what does it mean. Actually the code loops on every site...

But i think is a good start to let you know IT COULD BE A WAY to speed up the spider and to use all your resources (i think about it in en company environment... my resources are what i spent to buy them... :-))

Anyway: i was looking for an efficent way to use ALL the bandwidth and ALL the processor :-)

personally i think i owe to phpdig something... and i really don't take it as a "personal slam" since the GPL code says to share modifications and what is done with modifucations is up to the project owner... well this is my personal mod, it's very dangerous but works.. and is not so complicated. So people out there who want to fork when spidering, you can share my code with charter.รน by asking him.

I FORGOT php must be compiled with
--enable-pcntl
for forking to function....

if i could i would implement all this technology to be suitable to end users but time is what i don't have so.... and not everybody can recompile the php to have the pcntl functions....

sharing the code with you is what i wanted and what i got.

Regards and let me know something!!!!
Simone Capra

capra__nospam__@erweb.it
E.R.WEB - s.r.l.
http://www.erweb.it
cybercox is offline   Reply With Quote