View Single Post
Old 07-16-2004, 12:12 AM   #15
synnalagma
Green Mole

Quote:
Originally posted by Charter
Personally, I do not see how the lack of a file system limits the ability to work together on the code, and I have yet to see a compelling enough reason to prioritize the development of a file system on this site.
Actually, code submission are only for some sort of plugins or small things here and there. A more collaborative environnement permit collaboration to code some big things that won't appear like this. It will also permit a better code just because many person working together have more great ideas than one person. That's what bring Free Software's success.

I just have proposed to optimize the search part of PHPDig just because it was not that much work. But in order to improve indexing code, it's too much work just for one person if you don't know if it will be accepted or not. This work is needed since, in my point of view, PHPDig must also be a framework allowing a better interaction with an existing website written in PHP (like CMS, and so on).

Allowing collaborative work is allowing big projects on the code, and allowing some unexpected great ideas.

I don't understand what kind of thing you feel you could loose with such a collaborative environement ? Or maybe that's something else ?

I don't like fork idea because I understand all the work you did (including code and support).
Sorry for my english.
synnalagma is offline   Reply With Quote