View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 01:44 PM   #11
Charter
Head Mole

One of my requests is that PhpDig never be placed on any 3rd party server for development. This way it keeps the license GNU/GPL, nothing more and nothing less, and PhpDig then does not need to follow any 3rd party user agreement or guidelines.

Furthermore, should anyone go against my requests and set up PhpDig on a 3rd party server, I will not provide support for two code bases, and users will undoubtedly seek support on this site for code changes made elsewhere and visa versa.

Code development can take less time than offering support on this site. Right now there is just one other person (thanks VJ) who routinely takes the time to help with support questions, so if anyone else really wants to help PhpDig, then answer more questions.

Personally, I do not see how the lack of a file system limits the ability to work together on the code, and I have yet to see a compelling enough reason to prioritize the development of a file system on this site.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote