View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
BulForce
Orange Mole

Exclamation URGENT! Probably a seriose bug.

Straight to the point.

After upgrade my digger from 1.8.3 to the lastest at the moment 1.8.7, i have run an command line indexing

php -f spider.php sites.txt >> sites.log

The sites.txt file contains about 2000 pages. All was fine, exept that i have notice that the spidering proccess was about 2 times slower than previose version(1.8.3). And i leave it to index and go to bed. Today when i woke up, look at the shell and notice following message:

Terminated!

Look in the sites.log and saw that around 1600 was indexed. I have run the spider again, and in 10 minutes i recive a phone call from the server tech admin. He tells me that my account have been sent about 25-35 emails per second, and this makes him to kill the proccess that creates them. I tells him what kind of script i run and that i dont think that this can be the source of this emails. Then we make a test: I run the spider again and he was still on the phone and tell me that this mails have start again.

Now i cant run the spider becouse he explain me, that this (mass mailing) can couse my account to be shuted down.

Any help and ideas will be apreciated.
Thank you
BulForce is offline   Reply With Quote