View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 09:32 PM   #25
Destroyer X
Green Mole

Well everyone, I have given up on trying to parse Advanced Poll with PhpDig. Although, the text version of the script was parsed successfully, there were still errors with Advanced Poll from the parsing that I couldn't even correct from the administration panel of Advanced Poll. While I'm disappointed by this, it does leave me with a few options. I could either:

1.) Take a few months to learn PHP (not sure what reference book would be the best for a PHP beginner such as myself) and create my own Web site poll from scratch

2.) Pay for a commercial PHP Web site poll such as Vote! Pro 4.0 or chumpsoft :: phpQuestionnaire and hoped it can be easily parsed with no errors at all with the commercial Web site polls

3.) Pay someone to create a PHP Web site poll that can easily be parsed with PhpDig

4.) Keep searching for a free PHP Web site poll that has decent enough features and can be easily parsed with PhpDig

However, if anyone knows of a decent free Web site poll script that is still in development (I would think that Fusion Poll would be nice if the developer for it didn't drop off the face of the Internet, taking his beta of the next version of it with him because I've already tried to mess with that poll script with no luck), please feel free to send me a Private Message.

I would like to give my thanks to Charter and vinyl-junkie for taking the time to help me with the parsing of Advanced Poll with PhpDig.

To everyone else who kept reading this thread, thank you very much for your time.

Ciao for now!