View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 04:42 AM   #5
alivin70
Orange Mole

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolandks
Hey,
boolean and phrase searching is a good idea

But i think the curent ranking is OK and it is not so important, because my Site-statistic shows that users often search for one or two words. And the Google ranking algorithms is not interesting on ONE Website, or what ranking will you create for ONE search word ?
"hook function" and Addserver - hmm, i don't know who need this and for what, does this work international (US, European, etc. )

I'm interested in it and also Charter, i guess

Anyway I'll do that and release it GPL for Phpdig

Quote:
My favorite feature is to get word suggestions in the case of User-errors. documnetation must find documentation or Downlaod must find Download . It works well, problems are word-parts: manageroperating not suggest: manager operating like Google.

See my "Test Intelligent Php-Dig Fuzzy " in Signature, or this thread for the full story:
http://www.phpdig.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77

I think is not with difficulty to include this as phpDig Results table tags.

Not important
That's a great idea and I agree with you.
I've already read the thread and see your test page.
Thanks for let me discover the nice function SOUNDEX() and related. I will help to develop this feature, if I can.

The reason why I need certain features is because I'm building not a single site search engine, but a "few sistes search engine".
Where few means 10-20, depending on Phpdig capacity and speed.

Alivin70

PS Please read my post about documentation of the code ASAP, to avoid some work going lost.
alivin70 is offline   Reply With Quote