View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
W_Adel096
Green Mole

So it kinda feels like I am in a zombie movie, because I am the only one here that is still posting, and there are a bunch of silent people on the fringes watching me post ... lol

Anyway, I went to Google, and tried to use the Webmaster Tools they have there to test why my site doesn't want to index. It tells me that it can give me reports on any web crawler's errors. I thought this would be perfect for me, and in a way in might have been. When I tell PHPDig to starting the spider, it gives me a blank page after not even two seconds. I've seen screenshots of what it should be doing, so I know this is not right. I went to the Tools then to and it said I had to verify I was the owner of the website. So I had to upload a HTML file into the IIS server, which I did and was able to pull up, and when I hit "verify" it told my server timed out. I then tried to do the Meta-tag option, but this also timed out on me. I think this is telling me that the problem is with how I am working the server, but who knows.

If any of you silent guests have any advice, please don't be afraid to help out. I think the mods have ab****ned this project long before. It looks like this hasn't been updated for about four years. The posts start dieing out during 2007, but they were kinda dead then too. I'm really not expecting help, although I would love to here from anyone, but maybe one of you nameless guests can benefit.
W_Adel096 is offline   Reply With Quote