View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 01:00 AM   #7
blowfish
Green Mole

autoindexing, RaQ 550, Mailman

I have a RaQ 550 server running Linux, dedicated primarily for the installed Mailman listserver app. Had a difficult time trying to autoindex, using all the various approaches in various threads here. But figured it out and it's now working!

Here's how I did it by simply adding an entry to /etc/crontab

From Charter:
"Hi. If you wish to call spider.php from a directory other than the admin directory, you need to edit the first if statement in the config file so that it allows for the different path, that path being a relative and/or full path UP TO but NOT including the admin directory - no ending slash."

I added in config.php:

if ((isset($relative_script_path)) && ($relative_script_path != ".") && ($relative_script_path != "..") && ($relative_script_path != "/home/.sites/28/site1/.users/91/lists/web/search")) {
exit();

-----
EDIT: As of PhpDig 1.8.1 use the following in the config file.

define('ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH','/home/.sites/28/site1/.users/91/lists/web/search');
// full path up to but not including admin dir, no end slash

if ((!isset($relative_script_path)) || (($relative_script_path != ".") &&
($relative_script_path != "..") && ($relative_script_path != ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH))) {
// echo "\n\nPath $relative_script_path not recognized!\n\n";
exit();
}
-----

Then I added to: /etc/crontab

# phpdig autoindex
02 1,13 * * * root php -f /home/.sites/28/site1/.users/91/lists/web/search/admin/spider.php
/home/.sites/28/site1/.users/91/lists/web/search/admin/cronlist.txt >>
/home/.sites/28/site1/.users/91/lists/web/search/admin/spider.log

*note: all one line under the # phpdig autoindex, used full paths for spider.php and spider.log (didn't need full path for php -f), and used cronlist.txt containing the URL to index.

Now phpdig automatically reindexes the site (Mailman listserver) at 1:02am and 1:02pm.

Since phpdig is an external search app, I simply found the right html template in Mailman and added html coding to display the phpdig graphic and linked it to the search page, on the archive's table of contents page.

Hope this info helps out.
blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote