PhpDig.net

PhpDig.net (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   command line and ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1734)

drywall 01-13-2005 02:32 PM

command line and ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH

I've had phpdig up and running on my site for a while, but I've gotten tired of manully spidering, so I decided to look into setting up cron -- which largely appears to be really easy, bravo!

The problem I'm running into is that php spits out a bunch of include warnings when I try to run from the command line... I've no idea why, though I'm pretty sure I've got it set up properly.

My config.php looks like:

define('ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH','/Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig');

if ((!isset($relative_script_path)) || (($relative_script_path != ".") &&
($relative_script_path != "tools/phpdig") && ($relative_script_path != "..") && ($relative_script_path != ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH)))

My search.php isn't located in my phpdig directory, obviously. Anyway, these settings have everything on the website working well. But when I try the following from the command line [yep, I know php's in a slightly unusual place]:

/usr/local/php/bin/php -f /Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/spider.php http://www.mydomain.com

I get the following output:

PHP Warning: main(../includes/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/spider.php on line 91
PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '../includes/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in /Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/spider.php on line 91
PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant USE_RENICE_COMMAND - assumed 'USE_RENICE_COMMAND' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/spider.php on line 93
PHP Warning: main(../admin/robot_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/spider.php on line 112
PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '../admin/robot_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in /Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/spider.php on line 112
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpdigprnmsg() in /Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/spider.php on line 128

Which seem like the kind of messages I might get if I had ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH incorrectly set. But I've looked at it a million times and retyped it and I swear it's correct. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks for your help.

Charter 01-13-2005 02:56 PM

The output is saying that PHP cannot find various files for inclusion WRT this location:
Code:

/Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/spider.php
As you seem to have a different directory structure, try setting the following (it's a guess):
PHP Code:

drywall 01-13-2005 06:25 PM

whoops

Okay, so you got me... I was actually trying to obscure a little bit the actual path I'm using (just paranoia on my part about disclosing full directory structures). Made the change in what I posted as config but not in the php warnings. But the cat's out of the bag, so I might was well confess... *actual* config.php:

if ((!isset($relative_script_path)) || (($relative_script_path != ".") &&
($relative_script_path != "tools/phpdig") && ($relative_script_path != "..") && ($relative_script_path != ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH)))

And *actual* command I'm using is:

/usr/local/php/bin/php -f /Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/spider.php http://www.mydomain.com

Sorry to be misleading and by doing so waste anyone's time. I'm an idiot.

Charter 01-13-2005 10:31 PM

OIC, ha ha, anyway... where are the config.php and robot_functions.php files relative to the following:
Code:

drywall 01-14-2005 05:22 AM

The usual...

/Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/includes/config.php
/Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin/robot_functions.php

So they seem so to be where they're supposed to be...

Charter 01-14-2005 09:26 AM

Are you sure "/Library/WebServer/..." is the full path? Maybe you have something like "/dir1/dir2/Library/WebServer/..." for the full path? Try the following script. Does it echo "/Library/WebServer/..." or something else?
PHP Code:

<?php
echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."<br>";
echo 
$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']."<br>";
echo 
$_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED']."<br>";
?>

drywall 01-14-2005 10:02 AM

Yep, I'm pretty darn sure (I'm basically co-sysadmin for the machine, so I know the dir structure pretty well). The above script outputs:

/Library/WebServer/Documents
/Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/test.php
/Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/test.php

Charter 01-14-2005 11:00 AM

The only other thing I can think of is that it's a permission/ownership/group issue, where it runs from the web interface but not from shell. Check that the PhpDig files have "-rw-r--r--" permission and see if /usr/local/php/bin/php is set with "-rwxr-xr-x" permission. The crontab executable can have "-rws--x--x" permission.

Also, I did think about the php.ini file, perhaps changing:
Code:

include_path = .:/usr/local/php/lib/php
To something like the following:
Code:

include_path = ./:/usr/local/php/lib/php:/Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/admin:/Library/WebServer/Documents/tools/phpdig/includes
But that doesn't really seem to be the problem, as you can run PhpDig from the web interface, so it's back to a permission/ownership/group issue.

drywall 01-14-2005 12:41 PM

Those both sounded like very good, promising ideas.

Unfortunately, my perssions were already set to those values, so that wasn't the problem.

Edited my php.ini just to give that a try, and it didn't change anything at all -- still get the same errors.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that it seems like from the command line spider.php is still trying to use $relative_script_path instead of falling back on the ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH. That's the only way I can figure it'd work fine from the website but not from the command line... but I could be way off on that one.

Charter 01-14-2005 01:27 PM

The $relative_script_path is used throughout the script, but it should be relative to wherever you are in the script. The ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH is so you can call PhpDig from shell while being outside the admin directory, but once called, the $relative_script_path should be page relative... unless... what's your "doc_root" set to in your php.ini file?

drywall 01-14-2005 01:37 PM

I had to check and... It's not set to anything.

Charter 01-14-2005 01:48 PM

Hmm, is your /usr/local/php/bin/php running under user root?

drywall 01-14-2005 02:01 PM

I believe so... it's running as whatever the default is -- pretty sure that's root (but I have to admit I don't know how to check or change that). /usr/local/php/bin/php is owned by root....

Charter 01-14-2005 02:04 PM

What's a link to your PHP info?

drywall 01-14-2005 02:13 PM

Don't wanna be a jerk, but there's some sensitive info on that page... (namely PHP_AUTH_PW) but PHP_AUTH_USER is "xxxxxx" -- anything in particular you want to see on that page?