PhpDig.net

PhpDig.net (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace] ... (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1869)

kaffeebronko 02-22-2005 05:13 AM

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace] ...

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/lightpower.de/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 174

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/lightpower.de/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 175

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/lightpower.de/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 176

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/lightpower.de/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 177

:what:

kaffeebronko 02-22-2005 05:15 AM

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace] ...

Hi!
I'm trying to get phpdig running... I got all the pages indexed correctly but when I try to search this comes out:
(can anybody help me please? -> thx!)

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/xxx/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 174

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/xxx/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 175

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/xxx/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 176

Warning: mb_ereg_replace() [function.mb-ereg-replace]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class in /home/xxx/htdocs/suche/libs/search_functions.php on line 177
:what:

Charter 02-22-2005 04:44 PM

What versions: PHP, MySQL, PhpDig?

kaffeebronko 02-22-2005 11:50 PM

Sorry...

PHP 5.0.3
MySQL 4.1.10
PhpDig 1.8.8-rc1

Charter 02-22-2005 11:55 PM

Do you have the .htaccess file that came with PhpDig 1.8.8 RC1 in your PhpDig directory?

kaffeebronko 02-23-2005 12:59 AM

Yes, this is the content at the moment ( I didn't change anything...)

# start htaccess file
PHP_VALUE default_charset UTF-8
PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 0
PHP_VALUE mbstring.encoding_translation On
# end htaccess file

Charter 02-23-2005 01:01 AM

Try changing PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 0 to PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 7

kaffeebronko 02-23-2005 01:27 AM

I tried that in the php.ini yesterday. But anyway I tried it in the .htaccess - file after your posting, but it didn't seem work. Do you know any other hint? Would be cool... thanks.

Charter 02-23-2005 01:37 AM

You can set PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 7 back to PHP_VALUE mbstring.func_overload 0 in the .htaccess file, as zero is what I considered when I made the code.

The thing is that the robot_functions.php file has similar statements, so it's weird that you didn't see errors like this when indexing, or did you?

kaffeebronko 02-23-2005 01:47 AM

While Indexing the sites the program works very well... all things are ok... I proved it in the database. Only if I to search with the search.php script then I see this Warnings...

Charter 02-23-2005 02:19 AM

Did you change any of the code? Again weird, because robot_functions.php contains similar statements, oh and so does phpdig_functions.php. :confused:

kaffeebronko 02-23-2005 02:42 AM

No I didn't change any of the code... I did a fresh install 3 times. The last time I just edited the /includes/config.php and the /includes/connect.php..

connect.php:

define('PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX','');
define('PHPDIG_DB_HOST','localhost');
define('PHPDIG_DB_USER','xxx');
define('PHPDIG_DB_PASS','xxx');
define('PHPDIG_DB_NAME','phpdig');

and in the config.php I changed:

define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','1'); // activates/deactivates login
define('PHPDIG_ADM_USER','xxx'); // login username
define('PHPDIG_ADM_PASS','xxx'); // login password

That's the only things I changed in my last install...

Charter 02-23-2005 02:46 AM

Are you able to try PhpDig 1.8.8 RC1 on PHP 4.3.10?

kaffeebronko 02-23-2005 03:13 AM

yes... will take a moment... I'll try to downgrade the testserver...

Charter 02-23-2005 04:02 AM

Okay, cool. I don't yet see why robot_functions.php and phpdig_functions.php work okay but search_functions.php barfs.