PhpDig.net

PhpDig.net (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback & News (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pruning Forum Members (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1713)

Charter 01-07-2005 07:41 AM

Pruning Forum Members

Just a general announcement... the time has come where zero post count members are going to get pruned from the forums on a regular basis.

mbgg 01-07-2005 11:23 AM

Hello

Is this is applied for newly signed users too?

mbgg

Charter 01-08-2005 07:34 PM

I figure thirty days is enough time between the pruning of zero post members. I still need to firgure out what to do with members who posted but no longer visit the forums.

vinyl-junkie 01-08-2005 07:53 PM

Well, obviously it's your decision but since vBulletin keeps track of when members last visited, you might want to cut members who have posted based on that last visited date. Personally, I'd give that group maybe a little more than 30 days before they got the axe. Still your decision though on how you'd want to work that.

Charter 01-08-2005 08:20 PM

The thirty days is for zero post members. That's plenty of time to make a post. I'm not yet sure about a time limit for members who posted but no longer visit the forums.

Dave A 01-08-2005 08:32 PM

Charter,
whatever you decide will be fair, it is after all "your baby" so to speak.

laurentxav 01-12-2005 04:01 PM

Hi Charter,

I no longer visit this forum AS LOGGED visitor since... 04-25-2004 !!! But I come here from time to time to read interesting new posts without login me.
I'm a website developer and I don't install PhpDig every month ! But I want to be informed by mail about change made to phpdig. I hope I won't be pruned because I don't post any message during a long time.
So don't change your mind for those who posted but no longer visits the forums. ;)

Many thanks for your good job with phpdig.

Laurent

jerrywin5 01-16-2005 07:52 PM

I visit the forum on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I do so and am not logged in. I have made some posts in the past. I would hate to have my account deleted because I have not posted in the last month or even the last year. I suggest deleting accounts for anyone that has not posted in the last two years. That shows a more obvious lack of further interest in the product.

Jerrywin5

Charter 01-16-2005 08:09 PM

I was talking about zero post members when I said thirty days. I'm not sure how long to wait for members who posted but no longer visit the forums. Two years is a long time, especially when sending the occassional email to forum members. PhpDig is free, but I pay for these here server resources. Maybe I should go back to not sending email notices and let people check the forums for updates, as really should be done anyway. ;)

jmitchell 01-17-2005 01:09 PM

well since I read the forum on an almost daily basis, it doesn't matter to me which way you take, and whatever you decide opon, we all know will be fair.

Wayne McBryde 01-22-2005 07:20 AM

Charter,

Would there be a way to not prune users that have a link back to phpdig.net fron the URL associated with their ID? Just a thought. I would think there are users that don't post but do use phpdig and have a link back to you from the botton of their search results page.

Also: Thanks for all your hard work on phpdig.