PhpDig.net

PhpDig.net (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Exact phrase does not work (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/showthread.php?t=784)

lucyoop 04-06-2004 08:49 AM

Exact phrase does not work

I just installed PHPdig 1.8.0 last week. Everything is working fine except that the exact phrase option is not working. When I choose the Exact Phrase option. it just gives me a blank page with no error if it finds some results.

Any ideas with my problem? Thanks for any help.

vinyl-junkie 04-06-2004 07:11 PM

Not to be nitpicky, but phpDig doesn't search exact phrases. It will search exact words though. :)

When you say you get a blank page, do you mean no results or a completely blank screen? Do you get the same thing on other types of searches? Are you sure the page(s) are indexed that phpDig should be sending back as results?

lucyoop 04-07-2004 06:01 AM

Pat, thank you very much for quick response.

I need clarify two point. The exact phrase I said means exact words. The blank page I meant is a completely blank screen. I tried some other search keywords, some of them can show the results. Some of them just show a completely blank screen. Any idea?

vinyl-junkie 04-07-2004 07:23 PM

I don't have any answers, just a few thoughts on where the problem might be.

Did you make any modifications to the default phpDig code? If so, what kind of changes did you make?

Have you tried viewing the source code for the search page when you've gotten a blank screen? If so, is there anything weird about it?

What kind of search terms are you trying when you get the blank screen? Any special characters in the search words, such as single or double quotes? If so, that might be a clue as to why you're getting a blank screen.

lucyoop 04-08-2004 07:42 AM

I did make some modifications to the default phpDig code so that it fits our web page. I created a template. But I didn't change the main code. I can't see any problem with the code.

The search string is normal one. no dash, no quote, just two words. The AND and OR operator work perfectly. The EXACT WORD option works for some search strings. Only for some it shows a blank screen. I plan to leave it as it is before I found the problem. I will let you know what is the problem I get the answer.

Thanks a lot to Pat for your response. By the way, I visited your website. That is a great one. Good Luck.

vinyl-junkie 04-08-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lucyoop
I did make some modifications to the default phpDig code so that it fits our web page. I created a template. But I didn't change the main code. I can't see any problem with the code.
If you just changed the header and footer for the page, that shouldn't have affected the search.

Quote:

I will let you know what is the problem I get the answer.
Please do. It might give the next person a starting point to look when they have a similar problem.

Quote:

Thanks a lot to Pat for your response. By the way, I visited your website. That is a great one. Good Luck.
You're welcome, and thanks for the compliments on my site. :)