PDA

View Full Version : Database Abstract Layer

Yannick
05-02-2004, 04:47 AM
Currently, phpdig work only with php/mysql. The use of a database abstract layer allow exploitation of multiple others open source databases like firebird or postgresql and can increase the number of webmaster who can be touch by Phpdig ... The Mysql support is disabled by default in php 5 ...

circusnews
05-11-2004, 02:35 PM
So, are you building such a layer, porting an existing layer (ala PHP-Nuke's layer) or doing something else?

ragnoroc
05-28-2004, 09:27 AM
I have started converting phpdig to a database abstraction layer. The one I am using supports:

access
ado (generic)
db2
vfp
fbsql
ibase
firebird
borland_ibase
informix
ldap
mssql
mysql
oracle
odbc (generic)
postgres
sybase

I had to make some changes to the SQL used and most of the functions that use the returned values have been altered.

Functionality in terms of the API has not changed but the internals have. Mostly ripping code out that is not needed anymore.

I will post it to the board once it is completed. Anyone and everyone is welcome to test this out. I am hoping it could be incorporated into future versions of phpdig but the changes might be considered too extensive and it would have to live as a branch of the main project.

All questions and comments are welcome about this change to phpdig.