server 1
----------
phpdig on linux system with 45mbit/s internet connection
location usa
server 2
----------
mnogosearch on windows xp with 56kbit/s (dial-up) connection
location russia
two weeks ago i launch indexing of hotscripts.com , mnogosearch takes 2 days to index hotscripts.com , phpdig still indexing hotscripts.com

why phpdig indexing so long ?

p.s.
sorry for my bad bad english.

Charter
05-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi. I am not familiar with the mnoGoSearch code.

123av
05-01-2004, 02:37 PM
mongoseach is open-source software please take a look at http://mnogosearch.org

Charter
05-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi. Thanks for the link, but it's a bit too much for me to review that code while supporting PhpDig, doing the day job, taking care of the fam/home/etcetera. :eek:

If someone wants to provide a detailed review, I'd welcome it, but it isn't going to be me. Sorry.

vinyl-junkie
05-01-2004, 06:55 PM
I doubt if you'll get many takers for a comparison between mnoGoSearch and phpDig. Installation and configuration can be a painful and/or time consuming process. Why put yourself through that again when you've already got a product that works great right here? ;)

That said, I will make a few surface observations of mnoGoSearch. Their search engine seems to be comparable in functionality to phpDig, which is nice. The fact that it's free and open-source is nice, too. However, I am spoiled to a vBulletin style of message board. The mnoGoSearch message board makes it harder to read what's been posted, since you are forced to look at every post for a thread one at a time.

I think Charter is missing out on a few things though. Did you see what their pay support costs? :eek: Talk about sticker shock! Maybe I should offer phpDig installation service with fees like that. :D

RaGe
05-04-2004, 01:55 AM
mnoGO?

It's cgi/pl based, to me that makes it a mmmm, NO-GO

been there, did the cgi dance