PDA

View Full Version : Relevancy and xml feed

searchboy
04-04-2004, 06:40 AM
I have been reading the forums and have found that xml is almost impossible to do, because phpdig stores the keywords in the keyword table. I am not exactly sure what this means but it seems like it also effects the relevancy of the listings, because it seems they are ranked by the frequency of the keyword in the listing. Can this be worked around so that phpdig can have xml and more relevant listings? If so how many of you would like to see this added to phpdig? I have included a poll.

searchboy
04-04-2004, 06:44 AM
I think this would also be great to have in the admin panel as far as relevancy is concerned.

You can change the relevancy of results (which will change the order in which they are returned) by changing the relevancy factors below. The title, meta description, meta keywords, content, and page ranking all determine the relevancy of a result.

Title Factor: ?
Description Factor: ?
Keywords Factor: ?
Content Factor: ?
Ranking Factor: ?

Each one would have a rank to determine how the engine ranks the listings.

vinyl-junkie
04-04-2004, 07:24 AM
I didn't vote, but only because you didn't provide a "don't care one way or the other" option. I'll grant you that depending on the site you're searching, relevance by the criteria you mentioned can be of tremendous value. For my own site though, I don't see it making that much difference.

Just my $0.02, for what it's worth.

BTW, welcome to the forums, searchboy. We're glad to have you here! :)

searchboy
04-04-2004, 07:48 AM