PDA

View Full Version : Can't even begin to install!

jeffmorgen
03-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Well, I've installed twice so far, with no better results than the last two times. With the default installation, I couldn't even login with the username/password 'admin', so I made:

define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','0');

...and I was finally able to get into my admin/install.php

From here I'm lost. My hostname is http://www.jeffreymorgenthaler.com and I've tried every variation of it: http://jeffreymorgenthaler.com, http://jeffreymorgenthaler.com/, jeffreymorgenthaler.com, and so on. No matter what parameters I enter (different usernames, passwords, PhpDig database names, etc.), I still get the same error message:

Can't connect to database
Verify connection datas.

What am I doing wrong? I checked with my host, and PHP and MySql are definitely enabled on my site.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

Charter
03-25-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi. Look in the connect.php file and make sure that the following are set correctly. The < and > symbols should not be there when done.

define('PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX','<dbprefix>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_HOST','<host>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_USER','<user>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_PASS','<pass>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_NAME','<database>');

jeffmorgen
03-25-2004, 01:11 AM
Well, I finally installed the database from scratch via my webhost interface, and when I re-ran install.php and created the tables, they appeared! Finally!

Now, when I go to /index.php, I get the following error message:

Warning: main(config/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 3

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'config/config.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/index.php on line 3

However, when I go to /search.php, the page comes up.

Charter
03-25-2004, 01:16 AM
>> Warning: main(config/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 3

>> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'config/config.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/index.php on line 3

Hi. PhpDig doesn't come with config/config.php. Did you upload the files while keeping the same names and directory structure that came with PhpDig?

jeffmorgen
03-25-2004, 01:19 AM
You know, I've been moving a lot of stuff back and forth like a moron. I see what you mean about line 3. Is index.php generated by the install? I don't see it in my original .zip file, otherwise I'd just replace it.

Charter
03-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Hi. No, admin/index.php is not generated by install.php. Perhaps FTP the files again from a fresh download, keeping the same names and directory structure.

jeffmorgen
03-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Hey, it works! This is great, thank you so much! I'm not getting a lot of results when I dig... is there a search depth I should be using?

jeffmorgen
03-25-2004, 01:41 AM
Okay, I've got it working perfectly now. Thank you so much for your help... on to the next phase!!