PDA

View Full Version : viewing admin/index.php...

ronyotz
03-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi I installed phpdig on a IIS server and everything was working fine until i tried to view admin/index.php in my browser.
Everytime i load the page i get a prompt window that asks for a username and password, usually I dont have any user defined cause im only testing the thing localy, i even tried to create a username and password and used those but still didnt work.
I really dont know what else to do, maybe someone out there can help
I have a windows xp OS and IIS 5.1 server.
Thanks.

vinyl-junkie
03-19-2004, 06:40 PM
This thread (http://www.phpdig.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=470&highlight=windows+server+authentication) will help explain the problem, but unfortunately doesn't solve it. IIS has a problem in that the server authentication method that phpdig uses is not supported under IIS.

What is needed, I think, is an authentication method which compares a user supplied username and password to a database username and password to authenticate. At least for an IIS server, although it would work for Linux/Apache servers, too.

I have a work around myself. Not the best solution, but it works. I change this line in config.php:define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','1'); to:define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','0'); which turns off server authentication so I can get to the admin panel. When I'm done, I switch that statement back to what it was originally. That's the only way I've found so far that still allows you into the admin panel and still protects you from unauthorized access to it.

ronyotz
03-23-2004, 09:31 AM
thanks for the previous help!
saddly i still have problems...
now i can view admin.php, but when i try to index my site, i get a
cgi script timeout message, how about that....

i have a IIS server and windows xp OS,
i appreciate any help
thanks.

vinyl-junkie
03-24-2004, 04:33 AM
No guarantees that this will work, but try re-spidering your site. Make sure you clear all the phpdig database tables first, and that the LIMIT_DAYS variable is set so that you can re-spider before you try again.

Spidering a website which is on a Windows server is *very* touchy, but with patience you should be successful.

Hope this helps. :)