PDA

View Full Version : New admin panel is here!

manfred
02-28-2004, 03:17 AM
Hi

Here is new panel with new functionalities. Maybe you find it useful also. Please send a note if it does not work - only tested with WinXP and Apache.

Installation:
- unzip to your PhpDig folder
- change config.php as follows (replace in language " with ')
$phpdig_language = 'en';

You can add new features easily by copying form sections in index.php and check corresponding value from config.php.

Have fun!
-m-

EDIT: Attachment removed. See below for newer attachment - version 0.9b dated 29/02/04.

manfred
02-29-2004, 11:56 AM
I made a page for this where you can see a picture and download the latest version. I didn't put a download link because you can get the latest directly from main page.

What do you think of this?

Main page (http://koti.mbnet.fi/manfred/)

Picture (http://koti.mbnet.fi/manfred/files/admin_panel.jpg)

-m-

Charter
03-01-2004, 08:38 AM
>> What do you think of this?

Hi. Haven't had a chance to view the code, but the screenshot looks very user friendly. :)

Charter
03-01-2004, 11:48 AM
EDIT: Attachment removed. See below for newer attachment - version 1.0 dated 09/03/04.

Charter
03-11-2004, 10:52 PM
EDIT: Attachment removed. See below for newer attachment - version 1.1 dated 16/03/04.

Konstantine
03-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Hi over there!

Little bug in admin panel, doesn't work changing language, cause in config.php used double quotes, but trying to change with single.

change in config.php:

$phpdig_language = "en"; // cs, da, de, en, es, fr, gr, it, nl, no, pt, ru

on

$phpdig_language = 'en'; // cs, da, de, en, es, fr, gr, it, nl, no, pt, ru

------

Another one, if server configured to add slashes, changing won't work. To make it work, needs to change file config_set.php:

function replacer($search,$replace){
$search = stripslashes($search);
$replace = stripslashes($replace);
$filename="../includes/config.php";

Now it works (for me :) )

Konstantine
03-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Won't work corrent untill you make changes in libs/htmlmetas.php, line 5:

$phpdig_language_array = array('cs', 'da', 'de', 'en', 'es', 'fr', 'gr', 'it', 'nl', 'no', 'pt', 'ru');

---
Have a nice day :)

Konstantine
03-13-2004, 07:37 AM
in index.php:

code:

<?php
//select list for the depth limit of spidering
for($i = 0; $i <= SPIDER_MAX_LIMIT; $i++) {
print "\t<option value=\"$i\" selected>$i</option>\n";
} ?>

changing on:

<?php
//select list for the depth limit of spidering
for($i = 0; $i <= SPIDER_MAX_LIMIT; $i++) {
if($i!=SPIDER_DEFAULT_LIMIT)
print "\t<option value=\"$i\">$i</option>\n";
else
print "\t<option value=\"$i\" selected>$i</option>\n";
} ?>

manfred
03-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi

Thanks for pointing these out. You are the first one who has responded in any way!

New version 1.1 is now available from my web page with corrections. And there is some new features added also.

Keep posting any odds you can find :D

-m-

P.S. Charter can you update that attachment - again?!

Charter
03-25-2004, 06:48 PM
FYI: Previous admin panel attachments removed - version 1.1 dated 16/03/04 attached below.

jerrywin5
03-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Really cool!

None of the "Clean..." buttons or the "Statistics" buttons work for me on Firefox. I love the idea of confirmation though. It would be nice to include delete confirmation when deleting a site from the list of sites. There could even be a check box setting next to the "Delete site" button and you could use JS to use confirmation on deletes based on the value of the check box. That way, users can quickly change the setting based upon what they are doing.

I can see where a ton of other configuration settings could be added as well. Personally, I'd like to see a separate page from the index page for setting configuration settings. Changing settings and managing indexing seem like two different tasks to me. With the addition of even more configuration settings, the index would start to become more complicated.

ikbenivo
03-29-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm using the first version. Can you please tell me what has changed in version 1.1?

manfred
04-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Hi

Thanks for using my mod. Please see previous posts where is link to my web pages - there is always latest info.

Manfred

konare
04-22-2004, 12:46 PM
I just configured it, and I like the changes to the admin site. I will definitely keep it, thanks for sharing it.

manfred
05-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Updated version available from here (http://koti.mbnet.fi/manfred/).

This has now new login/logoff system integrated + some other enhancements and options.

Any comments or requests?

- manfred -

bloodjelly
05-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Looks nice. You mention this feature: "Allow to dig different sites inside domain" Does that mean it will add 2 sites, e.g. "http://www.site.com/folder" and "http://www.site.com/folder2" instead of truncating the subdirectory?

And a request: a method of spidering faster by running multiple spiders (without conflicts) from the admin panel, maybe using the exec() command. :)

web newsroom
05-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Manfred

Looks and works gret

http://search.thewebnewsroom.com

Thanks

Rolandks
06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi. Looks cool.
Is there a german version available? I can translate to german. I use 1.2. and submit next week.

search_function.php in admin_panel_1-2.zip shows phpdig Version 1.6.x?

Is it admin_panel_1-2 for 1.6.x, 1.8.0 or 1.8.1?

-roland-

manfred
06-05-2004, 06:42 AM
My german knowledge is limited to Rammstein and Nina Hagen - not enough in this case?!

This admin mod is only for version 1.8.0 and those files are directly taken from version 1.8.0 zip. You can see a version mismatch also in PhpDig html documentation which is for 1.6.2.

M

ChadK
06-10-2004, 06:24 PM
What does "Allow sites inside domain" mean?

manfred
06-15-2004, 08:46 AM
It means that spider can jump between different sites if it remains under same domain e.g. www.domain.com and intra.domain.com can be spidered but no www.domain.org.

Never needed this one (it is basic phpdig feature and also mentioned in documentation) so I hope it works.

M

manfred
07-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Updated version available for download in my web page.

- Supports now PhpDig 1.8.1.
- Documentation added
- New parameters added
- plus more...

Please inform if it does not work correctly?!

M

Charter
07-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Wow, great! Oh no... PhpDig version 1.8.2 is coming out soon...

manfred
07-13-2004, 02:55 AM
Some updates made to support 1.8.2 (still same 1.3 version though).

Changes:
- Now you can adjust spidering speed in four steps: 0, 1, 3 or 5 second delay between page requests! I think this is a cool feature? But remember that you will exhaust external URL bandwidth easily with delay value 0 - it is for local use only.

M

manfred
07-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Making a totally rewritten version of this mod. Is there any special requests at this point - those might be added?

Here is a picture of it.

Charter
07-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Wow, personally I like this better! Couple suggestions...

make the version number match that of PhpDig (easier for users to follow)
database it based on a new value (value doesn't exist yet) in the config file

If going to database it, I'd suggest a table something like the following:

CREATE TABLE prefix_config (
c_key VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
c_val VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
c_type VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
KEY c_key (c_key)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

manfred
07-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah, database driven system would be nice but then I have to rewrite all PhpDig files :( Or how it is possible to redefine all variables which are in config file? Storing and changing those at database is not a problem.

Here is a sneak peek version for you forum members before I post it in the web page.

Is this menu system better than the earlier?

Spider
07-22-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by manfred
Changes:
- Now you can adjust spidering speed in four steps: 0, 1, 3 or 5 second delay between page requests! I think this is a cool feature? But remember that you will exhaust external URL bandwidth easily with delay value 0 - it is for local use only.

I like the admin interface very much.

I found a strange thing: once I put 'Delay between page requests' at zero, I can't get it to another value anymore.
Has this line:
$delay = 0;
in robot_functions.php something to do with it?

manfred
07-22-2004, 05:04 AM
It is a bug in admin.php. Here is corrected version, just overwrite the old one.

Glad you like it.

Does it work now as supposed?

M

Spider
07-22-2004, 05:12 AM
It works! Thank you.

Charter
08-04-2004, 07:46 AM
>> Yeah, database driven system would be nice but then I have to rewrite all PhpDig files...

Hi manfred, maybe I'll try to see if I can get the config databased in the next release. :D

manfred
08-06-2004, 12:34 AM
Can/shall I do something to help you? Are you planning to include better admin panel with this new release? Can you use mine mod as a starting point?

BTW Include a automatic checking/update feature - I have a script for that already?!

ChadK
08-19-2004, 07:58 AM
When I log into the admin page I get:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ckovac/public_html/phpdig/includes/connect.php:37) in /home/ckovac/public_html/phpdig/libs/auth.php on line 134

ChadK
08-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Forget that one.. found some spaces after a ?> that was causing it..

But now I have a problem when I submit anything from the new admin screen I get an error about not being able to find the file "config_set.php"

hula
08-29-2004, 06:05 AM
To use it add these lines to your template:

<style type="text/css">
a { text-decoration: none; }
.phpdigHighlight { color: <phpdig:highlight/>; background-color: <phpdig:background/>; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

I was unsure what file to add it to so I left that part out of the new admin panel install. Works fine still as far as I can tell
However I would like to know what file to add this style to so I can have (the full package)

Oh and thank you all developers/moders/everyone involved
phpdig gets a major :dance: from me.
Hula

ChadK
09-21-2004, 03:44 PM
This rocks

manfred
10-07-2004, 10:50 AM
I have almost finished next version of this mod. New feature will be database related. You can backup, optimize and restore the hole PhpDig database by single click or just some tables.

Here is a picture of the GUI.

manfred
10-21-2004, 10:35 AM
New version is now ready for download at my home page. It was a bit tricky to get it work correctly but should be ok now. Zlib support is needed for backup because compression must be used to reduce file size.

It would be nice to know about performance issues when altering big databases.

What next - who knows? Ideas?

manfred

funsutton
11-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Manfred,

your admin panel rocks. I really like it alot. I am however getting one error message when I am cleaning dashes:

Cleanup dashes
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpdigdeltext() in ...public_html/search/admin/cleanup.php on line 176

I added the ... in the place of the actual directory structure.

Thanks,
Brian Sutton
http://www.piedmontswingdance.org/search

AllKnightAccess
11-06-2004, 08:47 PM
I get these error messages when trying to acces the "Configuration > Database" page:

Warning: opendir(./backup/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /./admin/db_main.php on line 139

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /./admin/db_main.php on line 142

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /./admin/db_main.php on line 158

vital
11-07-2004, 11:06 AM
New version is now ready for download at my home page. It was a bit tricky to get it work correctly but should be ok now.

What next - who knows? Ideas?

Manfred, your admin panel is lot more functional then the one supplied with PhpDig. However, it also produces lots of PHP-warnings. They don't affect functionality but can be quite annoying. Just set error_reporting to E_ALL and you'll see what I mean. I hope this will be fixed in the next version. If you wish I can send you modified "warning-free" files.

I get these error messages when trying to acces the "Configuration > Database" page:
Warning: opendir(./backup/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /./admin/db_main.php on line 139
Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /./admin/db_main.php on line 142
Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /./admin/db_main.php on line 158

Just create "/phpdig/admin/backup" directory

Cleanup dashes
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpdigdeltext() in ...public_html/search/admin/cleanup.php on line 176

Add the following line to "cleanup.php" file (near other includes):
include "$relative_script_path/admin/robot_functions.php";

Topaz
11-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi, just realized that on line 491 and 492 there is a small mistake

<input type="radio" <?php if(LINK_TARGET=="_top") echo("checked"); ?> name="replace" value="_top" /><?php phpdigPrnMsg('results_new'); ?>
<input type="radio" <?php if(LINK_TARGET=="_blank") echo("checked"); ?> name="replace" value="_blank" /><?php phpdigPrnMsg('results_same'); ?>

it should read

<input type="radio" <?php if(LINK_TARGET=="_top") echo("checked"); ?> name="replace" value="_top" /><?php phpdigPrnMsg('results_same'); ?>
<input type="radio" <?php if(LINK_TARGET=="_blank") echo("checked"); ?> name="replace" value="_blank" /><?php phpdigPrnMsg('results_new'); ?>

results_same and results_new has been mixed up.

Topaz

manfred
11-24-2004, 01:22 PM
All of the above issues should be solved now and some new features added. Figure those out and be happy.

-m-

manfred
12-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Previous version (1.8.3c) was full of bugs, please update. New settings added to spider and search parts also.

-m-

vinyl-junkie
12-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Where can this be downloaded from? :confused:

xperienss
12-09-2004, 12:35 AM
i guess you can get it form http://koti.mbnet.fi/manfred/

@Manfred
is your admin panel working with version 1.8.4 ?
thanx a lot

vinyl-junkie
12-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the link. I haven't tried your admin panel at all so I don't know if it will work with 1.8.4. Plus, I haven't fully implemented 1.8.4 yet (it's still on my test server). I have a lot of custom changes that I just need to verify work before implementing.

I will download your admin panel and try it on my test server and let you know.

bforsyth
12-12-2004, 03:11 AM
I'd be curious to see if anyone has this running on 1.8.5 before I install it (I just upgraded and that was enough anxiety for one night!)

jmitchell
12-19-2004, 09:05 PM
and does it work for version 1.8.6?