PDA

View Full Version : Updated to 1.8.0 - unable to connect to database

rafarspd
01-21-2004, 06:33 AM
It say's - check the configuration script.
-------------------------------------------------

in \admin\index.php is:

Header('Pragma: no-cache');
$relative_script_path = '..';
include "$relative_script_path/includes/config.php";
include "$relative_script_path/libs/auth.php";

The instructions for relative script path say:-
The $relative_script_path must contain the relative path of PhpDig's root directory from the current script.

so the path is .. [the directory below \admin].

Have I understood it so far!
-----------------------------------

In \includes\config.php we have the additional lines of:

if ((isset($relative_script_path)) && ($relative_script_path != ".") && ($relative_script_path != "..")) {
exit();
}
if (eregi("config.php",$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) || eregi("config.php",$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) {
exit();
}

Surely this is saying that if the relative_script_path is .. then exit with error message.

Perhaps I definately do not understand that!
--------------------------------------------------------

So PhpDig is now dead unless You can help - otherwise the only way to get things working is to go back to the previous version.

p.s. The Database connection information has been entered correctly and double checked.

ttfn
nnnn

Charter
01-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi. PhpDig version 1.8.0 already has the following code in the config file:

if ((isset($relative_script_path)) && ($relative_script_path != ".") && ($relative_script_path != "..")) {
exit();
}
if (eregi("config.php",$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) || eregi("config.php",$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) {
exit();
}

The code that gives the "Unable to connect to database : Check the connection script" errror is the following:

// Connection configuration
define('PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX','<dbprefix>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_HOST','<host>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_USER','<user>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_PASS','<pass>');
define('PHPDIG_DB_NAME','<database>');

//connection to the MySql server
$id_connect = @mysql_connect(PHPDIG_DB_HOST,PHPDIG_DB_USER,PHPDIG_DB_PASS);
if (!$id_connect) {
die("Unable to connect to database : Check the connection script.\n");
}

Try calling the PhpDig version 1.8.0 connect.php file from the browser. If it throws the "Unable to connect to database : Check the connection script" error, then that means that the database variables are not properly configured.

rafarspd
01-22-2004, 03:39 AM
Hi Charter

Please accept my apologies for bothering you with a problem which was due entirely to my brain not functioning correctly.

I would never have thought of calling the connect.php direct from the browser, it confirmed that the database variables were not set correctly.

To clarify, they were set correctly but when I entered the data I did not remove the '<' and '>'. What an idiot!

My best regards to you and sorry to hear about the troubles.
Is there anything I can do to help.