PDA

View Full Version : PowerPoint

yfhelpdesk
01-15-2004, 06:58 AM
How easy is it to add another parser. I want to add the ppthtml, so I inserted the following in the config.php

define('PHPDIG_INDEX_MSPOWERPOINT',true);
define('PHPDIG_PARSE_MSPOWERPOINT','/usr/bin/ppthtml');
define('PHPDIG_OPTION_MSPOWERPOINT','-s 8859-1');

is there anything else I need to do?

Charter
01-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Hi. There are several places in robot_functions.php that would need editing and another line added to the config file. Just search the PhpDig PHP files for PDF (case insensitive) and you'll find all the places.

yfhelpdesk
01-19-2004, 02:16 AM
Cheers, that worked in getting the powerpoint extension recognised.

Q1. I have two questions, if I may.

1. When the phpdig executes the binary does it automatically dump the contents into the tempfiles located in /admin/temp?

From what I can see ppthtml is not STDOUT. Running the program from the command line ie

# ppthtml filename.ppt

throws the outputs to the screen. If I add > filename.html then it outputs to file.

Q2. Phpdig can seem to parse the powerpoint file. Is it because the ppthtml is not outputting a file? If so how do I get around it?

Charter
01-19-2004, 06:21 AM
Hi. If output goes to STDOUT, then use define('PHPDIG_MSPOWERPOINT_EXTENSION',''); in the config file. If output goes to a file, then use define('PHPDIG_MSPOWERPOINT_EXTENSION','.html'); to the config file.

PhpDig assigns the filename so '> filename.html' should not go in define('PHPDIG_OPTION_MSPOWERPOINT',''); in the config file. For example, with pdftotext and no PHPDIG_OPTION_PDF set, output gets assigned to filename_set_by_PhpDig.txt so only '.txt' should go in PHPDIG_PDF_EXTENSION in the config file.

The admin/temp directory is a temporary holding place for processing. Once done, the files are deleted from admin/temp and a text file containing the output, whether from a webpage or a PPT file, is held in the text_content directory. As 'ppthtml filename.ppt' throws output to the screen, it's going to STDOUT so the following should suffice:

define('PHPDIG_INDEX_MSPOWERPOINT',true);
define('PHPDIG_PARSE_MSPOWERPOINT','/usr/bin/ppthtml');
define('PHPDIG_OPTION_MSPOWERPOINT','');
define('PHPDIG_MSPOWERPOINT_EXTENSION','');

yfhelpdesk
01-19-2004, 07:12 AM
Thanks for your help. That worked a treat! As this is GNU/GPL should I sumbit script updates in the Mod Submissions?

Charter
01-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Hi. Glad it's working. The GNU/GPL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html) does not currently require that you publish your modifications unless you plan to release them, but any script updates are welcome in the Mod Submissions (http://www.phpdig.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=24) forum. :)