PDA

View Full Version : install.php doesn't show up in browser

Nosmada
12-21-2003, 10:18 PM
install.php doesn't show up in browser. I get "Page cannot be displayed." This is only the second step in the installation instructions and it doesn't work? Please help.

frode
12-22-2003, 04:21 AM
I had a similar problem. In config.php i changed this line

define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','1'); //Activates/deactivates the authentification functions

to

define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','0'); //Activates/deactivates the authentification functions

that worked with me.

Better set it back after you're done !

Good luck,
Frode

Nosmada
12-22-2003, 09:19 AM
That didn't work. Page cannot be displayed. I am trying to pull up install.php from the admin directory. Please help?

frode
12-23-2003, 12:32 AM
Hm, so it seems not to be an authentication problem like mine.
Sorry, i'm a bit of a newbe too. Hope one of the 'cracks' will read this thread.

Charter
12-23-2003, 05:13 AM
Hi. Do you mean that you get a 404 "Page cannot be displayed" message?

Nosmada
12-23-2003, 06:55 AM
Just:

The page cannot be displayed

Charter
12-23-2003, 07:04 AM
Hi. What's the link?

Nosmada
12-23-2003, 07:07 AM
http://www.jaspergifts.com/cgi-bin/searchsite/admin/install.php

Charter
12-23-2003, 07:29 AM
Hi. Oops, erase erase. That's not a 404. It looks like a server issue because http://www.jaspergifts.com/cgi-bin/ is also giving the same "Cannot find server or DNS Error" message (see at the botton of the page).

Nosmada
12-23-2003, 08:13 AM
Ok thanks. I will look into this and get back.

Nosmada
12-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Okay I can see the page now but had to move it out of the cgi-bin.

Another question. I am used to making a database...or at least starting it in Plesk. Do I make the shell and then use the install.php?

What do I put in the form fields. It is not all that obvious. "Specify a valid existing user who can create databases if you choose create or update." Does this mean I make the shell and specify host name and user?

Nosmada
12-23-2003, 09:15 AM
okay it says

Can't create database.
Verify user's rights.

But... When I look at the databaser in phpmyadmin all the tables seem to be there?

I named the user and the phpdig database the same thing - phpdig - I would think this is okay.

Maybe it is set up?

If it is how do I exclude some directories and what is the next step?

If it isn't set up what can I do to check?

Charter
12-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Hi. Some hosts allow users to create new databases while other hosts don't allow this. If you cannot create a new database, you can setup the tables in an existing database. If the tables are there, then just make sure that the information in connect.php matches the database information, and then enter a URL and click the dig this button.