PDA

View Full Version : Another problem with spidering I'm afraid

themitch
04-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Hi

I have been happily using phpDig on my localhost website while I develop it, now I have moved it online and it doesn't appear to be spidering?!?

Usual symptoms:

Spidering in progress... [Stop spider]
Optimizing tables...
Indexing complete !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Back] to admin interface.

Host : 1 entries
Pages : 0 entries
Index : 0 entries
Keywords : 0 entries
Temporary Table : 0 entries

I am running:
Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 PHP/4.4.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
mySql 4.1.18
PhpDig v.1.8.8

I have read through the forum and checked as much as I can:

1. My ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH is correct as are the other DEFINES:

define('ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH','/home/jwedding/public_html/search');
define('LIMIT_TO_DIRECTORY',false);
define('PHPDIG_SESSID_REMOVE',true);
define('PHPDIG_IN_DOMAIN',true);

"Search" is what I renamed the phpdig directory and was working fine on localhost. I also moved the search.php files to my www.domain.com directory and made the necessary changes required. As I say, this all worked fine on my local server!?

2. I'm not sure if my server is 'load-balanced' or not.

3. allow_url_fopen is ON and safe_mode is OFF

I have not checked the 'mb_ereg_replace' as I'm not sure where to find it?

Anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

fire59
04-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I have the same problem.

themitch
04-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Well now I have a dilemma!

After trying EVERYTHING I gave up on phpDig ... although I had invested quite a lot in customising it and integrating it.

I installed iSearch locally, got that to work fine ... uploaded it to my webserver only to be faced with the same No index problem. Grrrrrr!

After reading their forums I realised the problem ... for iSearch and for phpDig.

I had a robots.txt on my site (because I didn't want google to index me while I was in development), and phpDig/iSearch adhere to that. Doh!

The second problem was permissioning on the admin/temp and /text_content directories. They were setup as 755 and needed to be 777.

I removed my robots.txt and chmod'd the two directories and voila ... both iSearch and phpDig work.

Now I have to decide which one I want to go with ... iSearch or phpDig. At first glances I like them both, although phpDig seems to have a nicer look to it.

Hmmmm. Anyway, hope this helps you!

Martin