PDA

View Full Version : Spidering problems

Dave A
07-20-2005, 03:14 AM
I can't stop any spidering going on, if I go to phpadmin and do a search for locked and place a 1 so anything that has a 1 is locked I get two websites shown as locked, if I press the refresh button I get a different two or sometimes three websites showing up as spidering and locked.
I can't seem to stop a website from starting to spider all on it's own
Even if I go down the list of web sites on the admin pannel they often show up as okay and not being spidered but as soon as I click clean common words it shows an error nessage stating that it can't be done when websites ar locked for spidering.
So I need to find some way to stop this, I have reset the server but it started again, I have gone into phpmy admin and repaired all the databases but I still can't get PHPDIG to stop spidering.
If any one has an idea I can try please can they get back to me..

Many regards
Everyone
Dave A

Charter
07-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Do you see content in the tempspider table when a site is locked? If you click clean common words, the sites will also lock while the cleaning is done.

Dave A
07-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi Charter I can't use the clean common words function becuase it always reports back that it can't do this because a site is locked.
I have gone into phpmy admin and tried to set all sites as unlocked where locked =0 but as soon as i do , then a search for locked files always show one or two locked, each time I refresh the results it shows different files as locked.

The results are mostly showing 100% but with no content when a search is done.

Your assistance is needed my friend

Dave A
07-23-2005, 12:55 PM
The temp folder never shows any content when this is happening

Charter
07-23-2005, 01:13 PM
In the sites table, try setting all the values in both the locked and stopped columns to zero.

Dave A
07-23-2005, 02:19 PM
I have tried to set all the tables to unlocked but as soon as you go back to the menu to try and clean the common words list , it reports that i't can't because sites are locked.

I have tried to unlock them all but if I go to phpmyadmin and search for locked=1 then two are threee sites are locked, if I then edit that site the locked part of the dayabase reports it as ZERO?

Charter
07-23-2005, 05:00 PM
After you run the following query, and then go back to the PhpDig admin panel, there is still a locked site? Do you have any PhpDig related cron job running?

UPDATE sites SET locked = 0, stopped = 0;

Dave A
08-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Just to let you know that it is functioning okay, it has the following results:
DataBase status
Hosts : 9434 Entries
Pages : 149481 Entries
Index : 29167923 Entries
Keywords : 1516635 Entries
Temporary table : 0 Entries

This must be pushing it to the boundaries a little

lhukaz